Is it possible to get fake Proscar

johnwest

Hi folks as the title says is it possible to get fake Proscar? I live in the Republic of Ireland and due to the laws which doctors must follow here they cannot prescribe Proscar for hair loss, only for Prostate Cancer. The cost of buying Finasteride 1mg here is prohibitive to me. Hence, I have had to buy my Proscar online from abroad. I have being cutting the pills into four and taking one quarter daily as one should (well close enough to one quarter daily as I find it impossible to cut them into 4 equal pieces but I am taking one tablet over the course of 4 days).

The reason really I am opening this thread is because even though I have being taking the Proscar over the last 7 months I have not noticed any notable improvement and hence I am thinking the Proscar I am using is possibly duds. I have being using generic Regaine for just over 7 months also. I shed a serious amount of hair when I started the meds so I thought I was doing good. But at present I am back to where I was before I started the meds at very best, on the whole maybe even not quite as good.

Could somebody who is more in the knowledgeable than myself (most of ye are:)) tell me if there is fake Proscar doing the rounds and better still if the site above and Proscar being sold on it are genuine?

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
outside link removed.

Just to mention also there are UK sites where Proscar can be bought without a perscription but it would seem that they will deliver to mainland UK only. If anybody could let me know of an alternative site to the one I have linked to above that deliver Proscar to Republic of Ireland without a perscription I would be most appreciative

Hi Johnwest

Im from Ireland and I've been getting mine from qhi online for the past 3 years with no probs.I think the price is similar but they are legit and have stabilised and thickened my hair.They are Merck and come in a Spanish box.

Hi Johnwest

Im from Ireland and I've been getting mine from qhi online for the past 3 years with no probs.I think the price is similar but they are legit and have stabilised and thickened my hair.They are Merck and come in a Spanish box.

Many thanks for your reply Paddy. I'm just not 100% sure if the site I am buying the drugs off are fully legit. If you could provide me with a link to qhi online I would be most appreciative.

Also, as an aside from the topic in hand did you notice any regrowth or was is simply the case that you did not loose anymore hair?

Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder: we do not host outside links on the message boards.

Thanks!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Just type in Qhi and you will see the site come up.As Blake was saying providing links is prohibited.As far as regrowing hair I'd say it has been minimal but I'm an Norwood 2 with temporal recession and very slight thinning in crown which is barely noticeable but since I've been on proscar it has definitely halted my hair loss and made it very thick with no side effects.

• 9 months later...

Hi John West, have you ever tried the North for your tabs, it worked out cheaper for me to buy them across the border. From like €120 a month to ?50 for a month and a half... could be worth it if you don’t live too far from border, or you know someone who travels up and down... Now I just get a whole load every time I go to mainland Europe or I know someone who is going, so much cheaper.