Beard or Body Hair Color After Transplanted to Head?

what determines hair color? meaning, if I have beard hair or body hair transplanted and it is dark in color will it stay dark in color or could it turn grey?

is it the hair follicle that is pre-programed to turn grey or is it the area it's transplanted to?

I have several grey hairs on my beard and im planning on a HT next year some time and was thinking that I would rather transplant the dark hairs vs. the grey hairs but I just wasnt sure what determined a particular hair to become grey?

I know if I transplant a grey hair into my scalp it wont magically turn black but if I transplanted a black beard hair into my head that would have turned grey on my beard at some point will it do the same if transplanted to my head?

it seems that body hair takes much longer to turn grey then face or head hair. can anyone comment on this? thanx

Edited by GNX1

I have narrowed it down to a couple surgeons from India. cost of course is a factor but I feel that Indian HT doctors are as good as any when it comes to FUE from either the head, face or body.

lets face it, go into any American hospital and you will see Indian doctors everywhere. they are very skilled and intelligent. a HT from an Indian doctor imo will be as good as any here in the states at 1/3rd the price!

im leaning towards Dr. Bhatti but keeping my options open.