Thin hairs at front of hairline?

LookingToLearn

A question. I am a 22 y/o guy. I have a very full, bushy head of hair with a deep U or wide V shaped hairline. But at the very, very front (I mean literally only the first few hairs) at thin, like this

8304379768_491a31abd3_b.jpg

They're thin and you can see scalp through them as in the picture of LBJ. But there's not that many of them; enough to be visible, but not like LBJ's there. The ones in the very front still grow as long as the rest of my hair, they're just thin in thickness. Is this perhaps indicative of future hairloss, or might this be my mature hairline?

Genetics:

Dad - Full head of hair, age 58, with typical Caucasian U or V shaped hairline, Widow's Peak.

Dad's brothers - All 4 brothers have full heads of hair except one who is slightly thinned.

His father - Possible NW Class III but mostly full looking. Has a bare patch in back of the head, an slightly thin in front, but slicked back it appears full. From the front appears to have a full head of hair.

Father's Father's Father - Seemed to have a full head of hair but died at 40.

Father's Father's Father's Father - Had a receded hairline, possibly class III or 3A.

Mother's father - Had a NW Class I hairline; had in essence the same hairline and density all his life until he died at age 55. No hairloss whatsoever once his mature hairline developed by his mid 20s. Had an unusual, flat hairline for a Caucasian male: A naturally high, flat hairline with only a tiny Widow's Peak. He had a hairline extremely similar to Obama's.

Mother's brother - Very slowly thinning hair. His hairline is mostly small hairs, a bit more than peach fuzz. He's 49 now and it's been like that for years now; there is no further recession.

Mother's Father's Father - Somewhere between a NW Class IV or V by his 50s.

Mother's Mother's Father - Possible NW Class V by his 50s.

hey m8

imo it would be better and more effective for you to post picture of your hairline and vertex, if possible in the conditions of wet-dry combed slick back and forward with natural light or any light with the right angle to get an opinion, rather than wasting time.

All best.

These are from last year but my hairline looks the same. I believe all were taken with flash on the camera, which might effect the hair's appearance.

8313087316_b3ece26682_b.jpg

8312042987_47ae9057f9_b.jpg

8313095896_d119f78613_b.jpg

8313100120_b757eb3bc4_b.jpg

8312052143_f5245dc7fb_b.jpg

Compare to a pic of my hairline back in 2006, age 16 and at age 17. They're fuzzy but as you can see, the little scraggly hairs have always existed. I have no thinness at the crown or vertex:

8312128601_a9b136ed7c_m.jpg

8312131901_4b730f942d_z.jpg

8312136047_c42b43ba9a.jpg

8313189162_2804763476.jpg

8312113281_cbf87d96e0_b.jpg

8313208106_0a9317db72_b.jpg

For my comparison, my dad's hairline when he was 50 (he is now 58; hair looks the same)

8312168055_6e35dfbe15_z.jpg

What are you worried about? You're fine. Good lord!

I'm worried because the shape of my hairline is a M shape and I've read that is a telltale sign of MPB, and also that those thin hairs you see in front will turn into peach fuzz, thus starting me down the road to baldness....

You MAY end up receding more as you age. However, you currently look like you have an amazing hairline that won't give you much trouble. My advice, enjoy it and don't worry. If you notice increased thinning in the next five years or so, then start thinking about taking some action.

You MAY end up receding more as you age. However, you currently look like you have an amazing hairline that won't give you much trouble. My advice, enjoy it and don't worry. If you notice increased thinning in the next five years or so, then start thinking about taking some action.

So the thin hairs in front are normal? In all the pix from last year? I used the old pix from 2006-2007 (the last pix) as contrast to now.....And what kind of recession do you think I'd see, NW Class wise?

Its tough to say. Most people do have recession when they age ( unless you are one of the few who get the perfect head o hair for life - insert Ronald Regan)

My hairline started to recede in my 20's and then - BOOM I hit 24 and it was down hill. Other people recede but not lose their hair unlike my situation.

At this point, relax and keep an eye on it . Does hairloss run in the family -

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Its tough to say. Most people do have recession when they age ( unless you are one of the few who get the perfect head o hair for life - insert Ronald Regan)

My hairline started to recede in my 20's and then - BOOM I hit 24 and it was down hill. Other people recede but not lose their hair unlike my situation.

At this point, relax and keep an eye on it . Does hairloss run in the family -

i agree with MrJobi

lol, stop worrying and go out and enjoy life, you have great hair, you do not appear to be losing either

if you are really paranoid, start documenting it month by month with pictures and measurements, that is the only way to tell if it's starting to go