Proscar thinning?

ILikeMyHair

I'm 23 years old.

I have been using Proscar 1/4 of a tablet around 3 times a week (every other day).

I have been on it for about 3 months now.

I did not see any shedding/thinning in the first 2 weeks of me taking it. It seemed like my hair wasn't even falling in the first 2 weeks. However, around 3rd week to 2.5 months I started noticing my hair to be thinning a lot. They weren't really shedding more than normal, but just thinning a lot.

I have heard that propecia/fin/proscar can make your hair shed, but can it also make your hair thinner? Some hair are so thin that that are even hard to see when they fall. Typically the thinner hair are also the short ones. Does this mean something?

I stopped using Proscar after 2.5 months becase I got scared, but started it again now at 3 months.

Is this normal? When will they stop thinning and start getting thicker?

Also I'm only taking proscar at the moment and no other topical or oral drug. I started propecia just in case I had mpb. I had a hard time telling whether or not I have mpb or not. My hair sometimes used to shed for 2 weeks a lot and then it would stop shedding. However, I couldn't see any cosmetic difference to it for the last 3 years. It seemed to be stable. I had an HT with Dr. Wong 9 months ago because I used to have a turban before which caused traction alopecia, but I couldn't figure out whether I also have mpb or not. Dr. Wong advised me to take proscar just in case.

Edited by ILikeMyHair