How long for MSM results

jnel24

Hi, I just started taking MSM after reading that many users have great results. Just wondering how long it takes to notice the results. Is it several months like it is with rogaine and propecia or is it more immediate?

Thanks

Hi, I just started taking MSM after reading that many users have great results. Just wondering how long it takes to notice the results. Is it several months like it is with rogaine and propecia or is it more immediate?

Thanks

Results for what? MSM only helps your existing hair to grow a little faster. Your nails will grow a little faster too. MSM is not a medication for growing more hair or even keeping your existing hair.

I believe that is the question - how long does it take to see these effects from MSM? Is it the case that immediately after starting to take it, the majority of people see faster growth of hair and fingernails? Or is it the case that the majority of people have to be taking MSM for some number of days/weeks/months before they see those results?

There is no real answer to this question as it largely depends on individual "reactions" to MSM, the amount they take (1, 2, 3 or more g per day), whether they take it in caplets, capsules or crystals, etc, etc. Also many of us take MSM in the hope that it will speed up the growth after a HT, and different people have different growth rates, even with the same doc. I've been taking MSM caplets for almost 2 months now, started shortly before my HT. My nails are definitely growing faster, as for my hair I can't really tell. Caplets are considered the least effective way of taking MSM and I intend to switch to crystals once my current stock is gone. One thing's for sure: it can't hurt (and it will make Rugger happy), so try it & see whether you notice any satisfactory change.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

lolol HW...i dont give a rusty bucket if you take it or not honey!!

i think you notice your nails growing like mad within a month...my skin is definitely less dry in summer, and since i do love the sun, one other thing ive noticed is i havent once had ANY peeling or dry skin after a day on the boat...

as far as your hair growin faster, that probably happens within a month as well..my transplanted hair is still growing at a slower pace then my existing hair, which some others have noticed as well, but im convinced the msm had something to do with my sprouting at 6 weeks or so...

as for now, im going thru nail clippers pretty quick, and booking haircuts every 4 weeks!

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

"i dont give a rusty bucket if you take it or not honey!!"

"honey"? wow. you guys are getting really friendly huh? no, i mean, its cool and all, you know, but, uh...i just didnt know ...

hahaha

but seriously, ill just be over here. with my backside away from you two.

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

so that was YOU, worthy, who pinched my ass in the bar? Here I thought it was Joe. I guess I better quit sending him flowers icon_redface.gif

"i dont give a rusty bucket if you take it or not honey!!"

"honey"? wow. you guys are getting really friendly huh? no, i mean, its cool and all, you know, but, uh...i just didnt know ...

hahaha

but seriously, ill just be over here. with my backside away from you two.

oh come on now Social..are you uncomfortable with your "feminine side"??.,.icon_biggrin.gif....you had your hair fixed..youre an official "Nancy boy" now....come out of the closet!...icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???