please help !!!

redemption

I'm 21 years old. Lost a lot of hair. Planning for a HT soon.

Please suggest a few good surgeons in India.

I have posted a few pics of mine below. Hair length is less as i shaved my head about a month back.

How many grafts will i need ??? What will be the cost ?? Which method would be preferred ??

20121211_105129.jpg.94f8a6e4c71ed64ccb9638f310936ac6.jpg

20121211_105202.jpg.9877c2a68286ac875c0d8854fa5ecd8b.jpg

20121211_105326.jpg.22f8bf9cbd9da91dcd4a2686efe1bcc3.jpg

Welcome to the forum. At your age and at the level of hair loss you're experiencing I don't believe you are a good candidate to have a procedure right now. At the moment you seem to be a Norwood 6 possibly a 7. At your age with this level of hair loss you should only use preventative and regrowth medication such as rogaine and propecia for one year to see if you can stop the current hair loss and see if you have regained any hair in that span. You should consult with a recommended surgeon from this forum. If you want to find out which are in India and close to you, please look at the top right of this website and you can see an area where you can find "physicians by area" and you can find their contact information. I'm sorry for the not so great news, but this does not mean you can't have the procedure eventually it's just at this moment you should not jump into surgery and it's not in your best interest. You have a lot of miniaturizated hairs which can regrow with the medication so that's the best course for you right now.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

redemption,

I can only second what "Thehairupthere" has already stated. You are likely not a good candidate for surgery at the present time. However, there is nothing stopping you from seeking the advice of an ethical hair restoration clinic.

Presently, in India we recommend only:

Dr. Pathuri Madhu

Dr. Radha Palakurthi

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

redemption-

Welcome to the forums. Although it seems as you are getting "bad news", there is hope for you! The medications to halt and renew some of your hair loss work really well....and as David and Thehairupthere mentioned, future transplantation once you get your hair loss under control may still be an option. At only 21, you have a long time ahead of you to have options made available to treat your hair loss. There are a lot of promising treatments on the horizon as well, so don't get discouraged. These forums are a valuable source of information and support, so reach out to anyone here if you're ever feeling down or need advice!

Keep us posted as to whether or not you meet up with a hair restoration physician to better assess your loss and future options.

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.