Question about working out and the scar after hair transplant

So I'm seeing varying degrees of when to return to the gym and why.

The main concern seems to be stretching of the scar. But is that because of the physical activity or is it because of putting pressure against the scar (example: laying on a weight bench)? I should be able to turn my head and everything without fear of stretching the scar yes? So after the normal 10-ish days after the procedure, I should be able to go back to lifting so long as I focus on not putting actual physical pressure against the scar. Is this correct?

So I'm seeing varying degrees of when to return to the gym and why.

The main concern seems to be stretching of the scar. But is that because of the physical activity or is it because of putting pressure against the scar (example: laying on a weight bench)? I should be able to turn my head and everything without fear of stretching the scar yes? So after the normal 10-ish days after the procedure, I should be able to go back to lifting so long as I focus on not putting actual physical pressure against the scar. Is this correct?

I am an avid lifter, like you. I forced myself to wait, probably longer than most. But you spend the money on this procedure, so why risk dislodging grafts or strain/stretching of the scar as it will be healing for a long while.

Plus you get the benefit of letting your body rest and you will come back even stronger...I did!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

I was told by my doc that I could start doing aerobics/cardio after 1 week and needed to wait 2 weeks for light weightlifting. So after one week I started back into doing body lifts like pushups and chinups and also started doing some isolated leg exercises like leg press and leg curls at about week 2...(I am now a month post op). Now some people think this is crazy but everything I did I ran by my doc/team and they said it was ok. The differential in theories on this topic is huge though. Basically from what I understand is that you essentially can't even pull your grafts out after day 10 (though I wouldn't try to disprove that!) and after a couple weeks you can start lifting but just don't do anything that pulls your neck or puts pressure on it. Deadlifts and shrugs are especially out of the question for a while. Also no squats, holding heavy dumbbells and things of that nature until about 6 months or so until the scar has fully healed. Light/moderate benchpress I think is ok as long as you don't go so heavy as to drive the back of your head into the bench (e.g. when you arch your back). Hope this helps! Just make sure everything you do you run by your doc first because only they know exactly what they did to your head and will give the specifics of what you can or can't do.

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily