Post op - Sport & work

Hey

I am having a small FUE procedure with Dr Feriduni (1000 grafts) and I was wondering when the grafts would be secure enogh to play physcial sports again - i.e. boxing, football and sprinting?

How quickly would I be able to return to work?

Also in terms of hiding the procedure directly after the operation, would I be able to wear a hat, and would it affect the survival rate of my grafts?

Would really appreciate any past experience

Regards

LFC

You shouldn't do any physical activity until 10 days post op at the earliest. At that point running, jogging and non contact activities aren't a problem. I wouldn't recommend boxing or anything that can directly hit your head for at least a month post op. Touch football things like that you can return to after about 2 weeks.

You can wear a loosely fitted cap that is adjustable in the back so you can loosen and tighten it when needed. You should only wear it if you have to, as it is always better not to have anything on, but if you are going in public you can wear one, just make sure it's not hitting your grafts or on too tight. I usually recommend people take a full work week off from as the scabs fall off around 7--9 days and the redness will be much better by then as well. Most people return to work after one week off.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians