Post-HT, using regaine foam and shedding

Hi,

I had a HT 6 and a half months ago and the progress since has been great. I am really happy with how things are going but I have one concern. I still use regaine foam every night and whenever I use it there are always around 7 or 8 hairs on my hand afterwards. Is this normal or should I be worried?

I am just getting used to having hair growing and feeling more confident and I dont want it to end before I even really enjoy it.

Is there something I can do or is it just a temporary thing. I re-started using the foam about 2 months ago and its been happening since then.

Seeing a half dozen hairs or so after applying minoxidil is perfectly normal. If you were seeing a dozen or more each time, then I would attribute it to more of a shedding situation.

IMHO, nothing to be concerned about and it may subside in another month or so. It is the re-introduction of the minoxidil that is causing several of those hairs to shed and if anything, it's more a sign that your follicles are responding to the drug.

Keep growing that hair and best wishes to you as your procedure matures! ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Barry, my last HT was in 2006 and no longer use minoxidil, just finasteride.

Yet I still see probably a dozen or so hairs in my hands every time that I shampoo. It used to concern me but it's been that way for years now.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY