Jerzig one month update with Dr. Rosanelli

jerzig

Hi Everybody!

Today marks 4 weeks since my FUT procedure with Dr. Rosanelli.

Had my final suture removal two weeks ago. Dr. R said everything had healed perfectly. I look pretty normal at this point. No noticeable redness or anything. I haven't had a haircut since about 4 weeks prior to my HT so it's getting pretty shaggy. I ordinarily spike my hair up but have just left it down since my procedure. This allows me to completely cover my donor area and grafted area, though it wouldn't be noticeable even if I didn't cover it.

How long should I wait to have my hair cut? I still get some sore spots and I'm afraid of my hair stylist being too rough on it. I also have been dying my hair black for the past ten years and my roots are out of control! How long should I wait to dye it?

I don't think I've had any noticeable shockloss or shedding. Is there anything I can do to ensure I don't get any? I can feel the fuzzy grafted hairs on top of my head and it makes me excited to know that eventually I will have permanent hair in those spots!

My grafted area is still a bit tight and numb. I understand that loss of feeling can last a little while, just feels weird. The donor scar still feels tight from time to time but otherwise I don't even remember that it's there. Using Maderma scar cream on it 2-3 times a day.

So everything seems to be going well! The healing process hasn't been too bad at all and now I just need to play the waiting game. I'm very happy with my decision so far. Here's hoping for optimal growth in the coming year!

Any tips on a shampoo regimen to help growth? I'm currently using a rotation of Tricomin (supplied by the Dr's office), Nioxin and T-Gel (I get dermatitis that itches like crazy, especially in the cold months)

Thanks again for all of your help! Wouldn't be here without you guys. I also updated my hair loss website.

-Jerzig

IMG_0549.jpg.b3c474b88b2120b877750a4fec9500b4.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg.6ddb0b545386d4c509e07da871686a6c.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg.98e350aca362381c0db01569f98b7d1b.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg.fc960673356e2a14577737d633fe88b8.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg.3bec67840ca8701813754f97e447ea73.jpg

jerzig,

Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress. Glad to hear things are going well. At one month post-op you can get your hair cut at anytime.

There is really no shampoo that will promote hair growth or even treat hair loss very well. However, I choose to use Nizoral twice weekly as a precaution along with my daily minoxidil foam regimen.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Nizoral contains the active ingredient ketoconazole in either a 1% or 2% solution. The 2% requires a prescription. I've always used the 1%.

You can learn more about its supposed hair growth benefits here,

Does Ketoconazole Work as a Hair Loss Treatment?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website