In desperate search for quality hair transplant surgeon

curlygirl

I am a African American female in my mid 20's who was diagnosed with traction alopecia about 4 years. I opted for a hair transplant year and a half ago with a MD In Florida and was greatly discouraged with my results. She has not been able to provide me with the rationale as to why my results were suboptimal.

I am looking to have a corrective surgery to improve the density and my scar. I have consulted with a few surgeons recommended on this site in Florida. I am not opposed to traveling. I need a very skilled surgeon as i realized that transection and scarring is a major concern for African Americans.

If anyone could give me some suggestions of surgeons that have extensive experience in treating African American women with traction alopecia in which I could see photos I would greatly appreciate it.

I can't afford to make a second mistake.

curlygirl,

Welcome to our forum community. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with your first hair transplant. I trust this community will help you research and select an outstanding surgeon that can help you get the head of hair you deserve.

This community does recommend a number of excellent surgeons in the state of Florida, many of which have experience with performing hair transplants on African American females.

I suggest researching and consulting one of our Coalition hair transplant surgeons in the state of Florida who have a proven track record of producing optimal results. To see our demaning criteria for Coalition members, click here.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 5 months later...

Dear CurlyGirl,

I'm sorry to hear about your dilemma. Considering SHE is the only female hair transplant surgeon in Florida...it seems you might be sharing your experience with Dr. Marina Pizarro.

I traveled 2 hours to have a hair transplant surgery by Dr. Pizarro which resulted in a nightmare. Had 2000 grafts transplanted almost 2 years ago but ended up the same way I started...not to mention my stitches in my donor area came apart 1 day after surgery and after calling her she told me to " just take antibiotics and let It heal from the inside out." Now I have a 2 inch long bald scar in my donor area. Also, I went to my Dermatologist after the surgery because my scalp turned very red and itchy and he confirmed I had a staff infection.

I have never heard from Dr. Pizarro since (just like you) and would never recommend her to anyone. Very disappointing experience!