Not sure if Restoration is right for me...

polancec

Hi polancec,

Sorry to hear about your loss. That must be tough.

You are young and should NOT be considering a HT. Seriously, when people get Hair Transplants they have to deal with a LOT of extra stress/money loss/6 months looking really bad/multiple procedures.

My advise to you....walk away. Dont do it. Use that money you've saved for something positive that will really make you feel good. Maybe a trip or something. You don't need a HT now.

What you CAN do now is start taking propecia. It has really helped me stabilize my hair loss and is way less expensive/traumatic than a HT. Its also easy and will give you time to see how your hair naturally grows over the next years. If in your 30's you see some real loss you could check back on this forum and others. By then the advances in surgery will be many times better and you will be in a much better position to deal with any hair loss.

Good luck buddy, M.

Polancec,

MagnumPI is correct. Get on Propecia now. I see the outline for further loss so get on the meds now and give it at least a year to see how it works out for you. I suspect that your hair overall will be much stronger and your outlook on your condition will most likely improve as well. Once your loss is stabilized or even reversed to a degree then surgery can be considered but don't keep that in mind as an absolute goal. Keep your goals moderate and start with preservation.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

HI polancec,

I think members here are giving you sound advice. Stress can very much effect hair loss. You are young and it should also be medically determined if you hair loss is from the stressful experience. My empathy extends to you having had to live through such a challenge. This forum recommends some of the best surgeons in the world you can consult with many of them online. Your money could be better used most likely. A consultation is also worthwhile. You might like to read a little about Stress & Hair Loss. I sincerely wish you all the best, Michael.

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

get on Propecia and minoxidil

wait a year

then see where you are. If the loss has stabilised and reversed a bit, send your photos to lots of recommended doctors and try to meet some in person. Then see what advice you're given!

Good luck, you deserve to get your hair sorted......sorry to hear about your dad. It's great you found these forums before making any rash decisions though :)

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

As a physician, when a patient comes to me with doubt about having the procedure done. I usually advise medical therapy. If they are severly anxious, in some cases even counseling or acceptance. I had an 18 year old patient that I convinced to shave his head and give it a try. You know bald is beautiful for some people and the in thing. Look at pit bull and other celebs. nonetheless, my patient is bald and couldn't be happier, dating and enjoying life. I can't say this is for everyone, but every person needs to take a close look at there reasons. Keep in mind if you have a family history of severe balding, you would need more than one procedure and need to save a lot more over time as you age. Starting medical therapy for young patients is typically the route I choose at least for the first year to assure they are committed.