Reaching the Masses Through Community Participation

Dear members,

While I'm proud that this community reaches a multitude of hair loss sufferers through the copious educational content, articles, and discussion topics readily available - I don't usually expect that people in my immediate surroundings will be benefited.

Earlier today, I reconnected with a couple of old friends I haven't seen in years. When I asked one particular friend what's been new in his life these last few years, he responded by thanking me for my involvement in helping him strengthen and maintain his hair. Somewhat surprised I asked for more detail and he shared with me how the dozens of articles he found of mine (in particular on our popular Hair Loss Q&A Blog) and topics discussed by dedicated forum members helped him find the big 3 (Propecia, Rogaine, and Nizoral) and save his hair.

Though it's no surprise how popular this community is, it was interesting to hear how I and other dedicated members of this community were able to help one of my oldest friends save their hair without me knowing it.

Thanks to all of you who regularly share your experiences and acquired knowledge about hair loss and hair restoration solutions. You never know whose scalp and confidence you've helped to restore.

All the Best,

Bill

Guest wanthairs

Bill---

Although my HT path has been rocky---I sit today with what looks like a mostly full head of hair istead of being a NWD 6----Thanks to you...

When I couldn't escape the demons of hairloss this forum and community was a beacon, pointing me in the right direction.

I know too many fellow brethren who fell (or were pushed...) into situations that would complicate if not outright devistate a situation already made difficult enough by battling MPB itself.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

that's awesome to hear Bill.

as i have taken some time off from posting for a while i've still checked in every once in a while. that's specifically due to the support i can feel from reading other posts here. now i can unfortunately say that my hair loss genetics are too powerful for the meds or gaine to ever stop. on top of that, my pattern will end so bare that an ht just seems unfeasable (unless it was a light FUE to by me some time). however, if it weren't for the forum i'm positive it would be way worse (at 25) than it is now, and i would be dealing with it much harder.

hair loss effects many many people... i'd be willing to bet there are people in our own families who were are helping and we don't even know it!

my reg is:

propecia 1mg EVERYDAY

minox 5% twice daily (f the foam)

nizoral 1%

say la V old buddies .... i'm tryin to keep you