Timing for a HT

I've just turned 26, NW 3v-4 on minox 2 yrs and finasteride about 9 months. I am seriously considering having a transplant and thought I was a good candidate after getting online consults (using the pics on my profile) with Dr Path in Thailand, Dr Wong in Canada and Dr. Radha in India. All have said about 3000 grafts will be a good start and are happy to operate.

To be more comprehensive, I've arranged consultations with Australian doctors so they can see me in person (National Institute of Hair, Dr. Knudson and Dr. Fox) and offer their opinions. I would never have the transplant with them however.

The NIH said they would not operate on me unless I lost a further 20-30% in density. Because if the native hair fell out, it would look bad and it may not be possible to have another HT dependent on your donor density. Dr. Pong in Thailand has also said he doesn't think I'm a candidate now and should wait another year.

I've booked in with Dr Radha (mostly due to cost and getting some great results from members here) for next month.

WHAT SHOULD I DO???