Fue harvest from a specific donor area?

Hi everybody,

I'm 24 and losing for hair 4-5 years.I'm a NW2 now and my hairloss isnt agressive but I know it will progress in future despite medicines I use so I'm planning a Ht surgery in the future may be when I become 30.I'm doing research about hair restoration surgeries.I know that both fue and fut have pros cons and I'll have to choose one of them.Here's my purpose I want to continue to wear my hair very short grade 1 so fue is best option for me.But in the same time I want to obtain max number of grafts from my limited donor area in case I need it in the future and this can be achieved by fut.I've sent my photos to some surgeons in this site and they said I need 2000 grafts to restore hairline.

Here is my question : Can I ask my fue surgeon to extract grafts only from a specific linear area(or only from sides) leaving space for a future fut strip operation? İs something like this possible? or do Ht surgeons already do fue in this way? Do they randomly use the donor area making potential fut op. impossible?

Thanks

If this were a small procedure of a few hundred grafts it would be possible to take from a specific area, but 2000 grafts is quite a lot especially with the FUE procedure. Since this is FUE the extraction area needs to be quite large to take 2000 grafts because you do not want to over-harvest in one area leaving it looking thin.

You can proceed with an FUT in the future if you wish. It's not possible sometimes to go back to FUT if you used up most of your donor supply but with only 1 procedure of 2000 graft I highly doubt that would be the case.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians