overkill on supplements?

msh89

aside from my main combo of fina, minox(kirkland 5% in morning, lipogain at night), and revivogen(daily) / nizoral (once a week, sometimes longer), i've began looking into supplements, and after looking at everything i have, i'm wondering if this could be overkill or even unhealthy.

so far, i have:

fish oil 1200mg, once a day

l-arginine 500mg, twice a day (morning and night)

GNC mega men multi-vit, once a day

taurine 1000mg, once a day

MSM 1000mg, twice a day (morning and night)

Biotin 1700mcg, twice a day (morning and night)

all my once a days i take in the morning with a glass of Emergen-C 1000mg (vitamin C, duh). the biotin and the emergen-c also have some extras in them too, but too many to list.

i'm also gluten-free and have a hard time finding things to eat, so i feel like i am already vitamin deficient from eating a lot of the same things, albeit healthy choices.

am i going to have a heart attack or just shit my pants one day from taking all these? :eek: open for suggestions on taking more/less/none/something different!

i was also looking into getting some Biosil (silicon supplement, google it). its another "hair, skin, and nails" type deal but some of the reviews are promising, i just don't know if taking that plus biotin and msm will make me turn into a werewolf, but still with bald spots :mad:

if none of these things work necessarily for hair-related issues, there are plenty of other benefits to reap from them, so i guess its not a total loss, i just don't want to be over-doing it health-wise.

• 3 weeks later...

Mate, from your list of supplements you're seriously overdoing things! The body simply doesn't need that much additional vitamins and you're just wasting a lot of money. The body takes what it needs and excretes the rest in urine and bowel movements.

At best, what you need is a good multi-vit/mineral once-a-day in the morning, and a good biotin (I currently take the Now biotin 5000mcg veggie caps) once a day.

As I said, more than that is just overkill, unnecessary, and the body just passes it out.

Best of luck -

Alejandro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From my 20 plus years of hairloss these " herbal" or supplement solutions do not work. You are wasting a ton of money on things that at best, produce marginal results ( just ask your doctor or do your research). That same effort and your resources could be used for proven solutions . Trust me, I've tried them all !!!

Regarding health, eat a balanced diet, exercise and get your sleep and you will be far better off than all of that synthetic stuff. At this point you have some very expensive urine and that's probably the best case scenario.

4 HT's later, I take Propecia and that's it and I am enjoying a great head of hair!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!