Diffuse Patterned Alopecia at the Hair Loss Learning Center

In our continuing efforts to provide the most comprehensive and up-to-date information on the causes and treatments of hair loss, we recently created a new section at the Hair Loss Learning Center dedicated to the various forms of alopecia hair loss other than androgenic alopecia (genetic hair loss).

Most recently, we added Diffuse Patterned Alopecia to the growing list of alopecia articles and we encourage you to view the article by clicking the above link.

We also announced the news on our popular Hair Loss Q&A Blog, here and invite you to add your thoughts, comments and suggestions to this thread or the blog article.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

While most hair loss is genetic, several non-genetic conditions/factors can cause thinning hair. Above, we've started to discuss some of the other causes of hair loss that can plague both men and women. Since treatment for non-genetic hair loss is distinct from genetic baldness, we recommend you visit the above links.

You are encouraged to share your thoughts on this topic.

Best wishes,

Bill

David and Bill, whats your advice on the best course of HT for a diffused thinner? I have read so many things and am still confused. i.e. to start with dense packing frontal areas in one session and then target crown subsequently? or to cover all areas in the first session since there would already be hair all over the thinning area which would make the density look fine.

i know it depends on the number of hairs in thinning area, but if there is good amount of hair all over thinning area, what is the best course of action?