Hair loss, gynecomastia and little facial hair ! What's wrong with my body?

capa

Hi guys, age 25

As in the title I have hair loss, gynecomastia and little facial hair.I have to fight them all in the same time.Today I started to take 1/4 proscar for my hair loss.I'm losing hair since 18 years old.I'm a norwood 2 now but headed for a norwood 4a .Before 7 8 years ago I was a handsome, full of life guy but now I can say that I'm in deep depression because of this situation.So Can anybody say something about my situation?What's wrong with my body? Low dht? high dht? low testesterone? ?????? what's wrong ?I'm 6'3 210 lbs healty guy but why all of these happening to me? What am I doing wrong?How can hair loss and lack of facial hair happens in the same time?Can finasteride worsen my facial hair status since it reduces dht in my body?Gynec. isnt proglem.A plastic surgeon can remove it.but baldness and lack of facial hair ruining my life.

I have 3 brothers

1.(age 31)NW 4A with full beard

2.(age 28)NW 2 with little facial hair

3.(age 29)NW 0 with full beard

my dead (age 60) NW3 with full beard

Thanks in advance

Capa,

Yes, finasteride can actually thin body hair.

Altogether, it is very difficult for anyone to diagnose and understand your situation online.

Because of this, I highly recommend you schedule an appointment with a trusted physician and discuss these issues in person.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Capa,

Dude, I know how you're feeling. I had gynecomastia up until 7 years ago. I had it removed. I was losing my hair at the same time and it's only until now that I'm doing something about it.

For me, I obsessed more about the gyne than the hairloss. My hairloss wasn't that bad back then. It came to the point that if I wanted to be happy, I would have to have the gyne removed. I did. I was actually on gynecomastia.org for a few months before I even setup the appointment. That forum was very helpful. My advice is find a doctor and get the gyne removed. I'm hoping this is an option in your part of the world.

Hi blitzjik

Thanks for your advice.I'have'nt seen doctor yet but I'm going to set an appointment soon with a good plastic surgeon .I'm obsessed with my gynecomastia too and I dont even want to go outside because of this.Until this year, I didnt know that gynecomastia can be removed and I'm so happy to learn that it can be removed easily in an hour.My biggest concern now is about my hairloss and facial hair problem.I'm considering to try minoxidil for both hair and beard after consulting an Endokrinologe and see the results then .

Glad I could help.

If you go to gynecomastia.org forum, go to diaries and you'll see my blog on the removal of my gyne. Getting my gyne removed was without a doubt one of the smartest things I've ever done. I stopped obsessing about my moobs (manboobs) shortly thereafter.

I must admit that I'm not stressing (obsessing) about my hair as much as I did with my gynecomastia. Life is too short to be stressing about the superficial things but I'm sure glad I'm taking the big 3: Fin, Rogaine and Nizoral. I feel as if there's hope.

If you feel down, don't be afraid to update this thread or e-mail me. I'm sure we can swap horror stories. I know I have a few embarrassing and downright mean ones to share.