Asian hair and donor scar coverage

I am of asian descent more specifically Korean. I got a HT 3 1/2 weeks ago so my hair is at 3/8 inch or a 3 guard. My donor scar and staple holes are still visible. I hear that 1/2 inch in most cases will cover the scar. But because I have coarser hair and less density I wanted to what hair length my hair needs to be to cover the donor scar.

I would appreciate your input. Thanks

secret,

Yes it is very true that those of asian decent typically have a higher degree of coarseness but lower density.

You may need to wear your length at least 2 inches to better camouflage your strip scar, maybe even three inches.

But once everything heals, you can begin to shorten the length again.

The other issue is that because of the much darker hair color against a lighter complexion, you have a wider color contrast meaning more light reflects off the scalp and shows more.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 weeks later...

Can they be worn with short hair?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

It really is not the same for all asian patients. It depends on suturing/ staple technique and resulting scar. Also not every asian has the same donor density or coarseness of the hair. Each patient will need to wait and see how scar turns out and then adjust hair length accordingly.