1118 hairline FUT with Dr. Dorin

fritz68

I'm 2 days post-op, Dr. Dorin placed 434 singles, 680 doubles and 74 threes.

This is my 3rd hairline procedure, 2nd one by Dr. Alexander is covered here:-

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/161512-1550-grafts-dr-alexander.html

This was really just tweaking, I understand I'm lucky to have a great starting point. My goal was to (a) make the hairline more natural and (b) increase density so that it matched the hair behind and allow me more styling options © correct uneven hairline (higher on right side, result of very first transplant) (d) hopefully improve scar which had stretched to 7-8mm in places.

My final choice was between Drs. Shapiro, Konior and Dorin, all of whom produce stellar results and who don't require shaving. I especially liked Dr. Dorin's hairlines, the jagged edge looks bizarre when there's scabs but I think the results when the hair is grown in looks fantastic.

As I was flying in to NYC, my first face to face consult was immediately prior to the procedure, although I did talk to Dr. Dorin on the phone and of course exchange mails with.

I'm delighted with the whole procedure, it's slightly nerve-wracking flying to the US for a procedure based only on pictures but everything went very smoothly. It's a very professional set-up, a nice group of people there and both Dr. Dorin and the technicians paid a lot of attention to detail. Dr. Dorin is direct, and I think his answers/opinions are well thought through, rather than generic and automated.

I've apparently about another 4500grafts left so should be ok for future with continued use of finasteride (been using since 1998)

Procedure was pretty much pain free (last one was very painful in donor area) and I've also zero swelling in my face.

So now it's the waiting game. A very positive part is that I'm recovering in Manhattan rather than somewhere where one is confined to a hotel with nothing going on except shopping malls. NYC hotels expensive, but I got a great deal at pod39 about a 2min walk from Dr. Dorin's. Small room, but very clean and simple with world outside my door.

Will post follow-up photos when growth commences. Here's a few pre-op where you can see the suboptimal density, and a few immediately post-op.

pre1.jpg.10acca39cf7af6e758dfae96a7c62439.jpg

pre2.jpg.3bb0ec797c6042161b07f29f2acf2080.jpg

pre3.jpg.09b2608ba8b5568169fe4c1f2c59b018.jpg

post1.jpg.86e056f7a467bb8e13bcd2e9ddd606cc.jpg

post2.jpg.fb7408d5cd2ec4ba9d3c2daa1e2657d4.jpg

post3.jpg.b5a0f24ec41214a9730261b6e9285e1f.jpg

post4.jpg.c56e8f8557f75de9ac837bb77354daa4.jpg

Edited by fritz68

• 6 months later...

Congratulations, fritz. Happy growing.

For what it's worth, I think you made an excellent decision to have a final pass done to your hairline. Looking back at your 13-month second ht photos, the contrast and demarcation between your transplanted hair and native hair was detectable (not just to that young girl :) ). Dr. Dorin seems to consistently achieve some of the most refined, natural hairlines around, so I predict you will be a happy man, indeed. Good luck to you, and please keep us posted!