Recommended Surgeons (for Second Procedure)

Some of you may have read my recent long overdue update on my HT with Dr. Feller, but if not, please see this post, with photos, here:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/161087-my-experiences-2146-fu-strip-transplant-dr-feller-3.html

I think most of you will see that both lateral zones, and my left temple towards the frontal zone look pretty good, but that my right temple looks thin, an effect which extends into the frontal zone. When held down, the front is evidently thin.

So, I am now in the process of considering where and when to have a second HT, to both fill-in the existing hairline, particularly on the right hand side, and bring it slightly further forward from the lateral zones up. I may be in Asia during the next six months, so have thus been researching Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, who would seem to have some good positive feedback and be experienced with patients from different ethnic backgrounds (i.e., not solely, darker, thicker hair). There are also several recommended surgeons in India (although both non-coalition members), but based on what I have seen and understand, neither has much, if any, experience of working with non-Asian patients, so I would not consider either.

If Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich is my only realistic option in Asia, I would appreciate any feedback any of you can offer me. I haven't dismissed a return to Dr. Alan Feller in New York, but since I may well be in Asia soon, and would prefer to begin experiencing the benefits of a second transplant sooner rather than later, Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich seems a likely candidate. As a bonus, an HT in Thailand would increase my total HT bill by considerably less than returning to New York.

Both the doctors you mentioned do really high quality transplants. What fits better into your time frame and budget probably makes the most sense. However, if you are pleased with the results of your first procedure I can understand being a little worried about going somewhere else for the second procedure.

Thank you for your response Dr. Charles. As I have previously mentioned to Spex, the most important considerations for me are a doctor's experience, past results and feedback; however, since I believe I would be able to achieve similar results with either Dr. Feller or Dr. Pathomvanich, cost, locality and/or waiting times will most likely be the determining factors.

I guess the level at which one judges the success or otherwise of a personal HT would depend on one's expectation prior to the HT. I'm satisfied, and very much appreciated the benefits this HT has given me. However, I don't think I could have been genuinely pleased unless having achieved all I had hoped for in one HT. Given my fine hair, I was evidently unrealistic.

I have been recommended at least 1600 FUs to fill-in the HT areas by Dr. Pathomvanich's assistant. I also hope to bring the hairline slightly forward and strengthen it, so this figure might rise. Since this recommendation was based only on the photos I have uploaded to this forum, it may not be accurate, but is what I had expected.