Blade 2 and FUT?

Hi, I am considering a HT and am deciding between a FUT and FUE HT. I am aware that both have their advantages and disadvantages and don't want to get into a debate about which is better as it completely depends on the individual and the ability of the surgeon. However, I do have a quick question. I generally like to keep my hair short at the back and the sides. Basically I always go for a blade 2 (1/4 inch) and I was wondering if a scar from a FUT HT can generally be seen at this length? I realise it depends on the scar but if its considered a good quality job can you see it at this length? I assume you can see the scar at blade 1 (1/8 inch).

Just a bit of background, I am 30 and am a NWII or IIa. I have been on finsateride and rogaine for the last year and my hair loss has pretty much stopped. I just want to restore my frontal hairline and have been told I require around 2,000 grafts.

I am between Feriduni FUT and Bisanga FUE.

Any feedback would be really appreciated.

Stublue,

It is very rare for a FUT patient to be able to get away with a #2 cut. The typical FUT scar needs about 1/2" of coverage. I use a #4 and it covers nicely. At a #3 my scar is somewhat visible but I still feel comfortable.

I've heard of a member here or there that has had the right combination of characteristics to pull of a shorter cut but, again, I would not call that the norm.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Cheers for the advice David. Just really confirms that I want to go the FUE route.

Wouldn't bet on it man. Alot of FUT scars do stretch to an extent, however minimal. Go FUE and take out the variables.