19 years old and balding, In need of help and advice

I started balding when I was 17, I've been on Procerin for a year and I just turned 19 two days ago. I feel like it's time for a change, the Procerin does not suffice anymore. I'm not sure what to do about my hair loss, should I jump straight into the Big 3, or does anybody have an idea for an alternative? I have had some success on the Procerin, it has definitely slowed my hair loss down (from 80 hairs daily to 20), however it is no longer enough. My pics show the current state of my hair. I'm mostly losing hair in the middle of my scalp with a little temporal recession (zero crown hair loss). Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, it's not fun balding at such a young age.index.jpg

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=33129&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=33127&forumid=1

Propecia and minoxidil have done wonders for me. If I'd got on them at your stage of loss then I wouldn't have needed a hair transplant. I think these would help you lots!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

It sounds like you need to step up to Propecia and Rogaine . I am not a big believer in any of the hundreds of products out there . My advice would be to take photos at regular intervals and monitor your progress . Be patient .

bingo296,

As already stated above, the indisputable, hands-down best medical option for you at this point is Propecia (finasteride) and Rogaine (minoxidil/) At you age and minor degree of hair loss, you stand an excellent chance of keeping your hair for decades and probably even until a better solution arises.

The sooner the better. Talk to your dermatologist or GP.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...