stop propecia?

hairhelp6

im currently 18 years old going on 19. I started losing hair probably around 15 but very slowly. Although my hair was thin by junior year it wasnt that noticeable and i could easily keep my hair long. The summer before senior year my hair started to thin more noticeable especially in the temples and some thinning in the front of my scalp. I went to the doctor and got a script for propecia in the fall in hopes of stopping my hairloss. I shed very badly for the first few month and my frontal portion of my hair became super thin. In early spring my mid scalp area began to shed and become noticeably thin, although not quite as bad as the frontal portion. Now after well over a year of taking it with my hairloss only getting significantly worse areas that havnt been thinning at all, crown and forelock, are beginning to shed. When my hair sheds it doesnt seem to come back as it should. Granted the hair that comes back is thick but a significant amount of shed hair does not seem to be coming back. My hair is much worse than it was when i started propecia so my question is should i stop taking it? maybe stop for a few months and see if it helps? i know that propecia shouldnt cause hairloss but is it possible it is causing my hair to shed more than normal? i believe i shed much more than a normal person, well over 100 a day. Basically everytime i run my hand through my head 6 to 12 hairs atleast come out and i mean if i do it within like 10 minutes the same amount comes out.

im currently 18 years old going on 19. I started losing hair probably around 15 but very slowly. Although my hair was thin by junior year it wasnt that noticeable and i could easily keep my hair long. The summer before senior year my hair started to thin more noticeable especially in the temples and some thinning in the front of my scalp. I went to the doctor and got a script for propecia in the fall in hopes of stopping my hairloss. I shed very badly for the first few month and my frontal portion of my hair became super thin. In early spring my mid scalp area began to shed and become noticeably thin, although not quite as bad as the frontal portion. Now after well over a year of taking it with my hairloss only getting significantly worse areas that havnt been thinning at all, crown and forelock, are beginning to shed. When my hair sheds it doesnt seem to come back as it should. Granted the hair that comes back is thick but a significant amount of shed hair does not seem to be coming back. My hair is much worse than it was when i started propecia so my question is should i stop taking it? maybe stop for a few months and see if it helps? i know that propecia shouldnt cause hairloss but is it possible it is causing my hair to shed more than normal? i believe i shed much more than a normal person, well over 100 a day. Basically everytime i run my hand through my head 6 to 12 hairs atleast come out and i mean if i do it within like 10 minutes the same amount comes out.

Hey man, I think you know the answer to this. Stop the Propecia. At the very best, it's not helping your hair loss. There is NO other reason whatsoever to take the drug, so if it's not helping in that regard you should stop it. What you should do is go to your doctor and get a series of blood tests done to see if there is anything else going on.

800+- Bosley NY, June 2005

1300+- Dr. Feller, December 2008

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1021

We should be on here to help and look out for each other, not to make someone feel worse about their situation.

I just read another post of yours, you didn't indicate that you were using Rogaine as well. Rogaine more often than not (from my research) makes more people lose hair than gain it. That's the first thing I would stop. I still suggest a visit to a physician.

800+- Bosley NY, June 2005

1300+- Dr. Feller, December 2008

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1021

We should be on here to help and look out for each other, not to make someone feel worse about their situation.

it is true i am using rogaine but i only started using rogaine about 4 5 months ago and i think it is actually helping my hair, probably because it keeps hair in anagen longer. its almost impossible to get an appointment with the dermatologist in my town cause he is the only one but ill try to get one in the next few months thanks a lot