Age for HT

sjones23

There is no hard and fast rule about age but generally early twenties is usually too young. Early thirties is a good time to consider hair transplantation depending upon your degree of hair loss.

The best way to answer this is to have a quality hair transplant surgeon evaluate you.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

It depends on your hair loss history and often family history too. A good surgeon will assess these and take them into consideration.

Some surgeons will perform HT's on younger patients but will make it very clear that a follow up procedure will be required at a later date due to future hair loss.

At 32, if you have had steady loss over a number of years, you should be absolutely fine.

I waited till i was 35 just to make sure my hair loss had stabilised, but if the procedures had been this refined 5 years ago, i'm sure i would've jumped at the chance!

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Thanks for your replies guys, I've had a consultation with a top surgeon and have been told I've got a pretty good donor area so as I'm going to be a nw6 I'm going to try and shoot for around 9000 grafts in total over 2 procedures, I'm hoping that will give me a good look

Yeah I know it's a massive commitment that's what I'm nervous about , I've had 2 consultations with the dr in person and have to say I was very impressed , it's only a short trip to Canada for me so that's good so I'm very lucky in that respect

Thanks for your replies guys, I've had a consultation with a top surgeon and have been told I've got a pretty good donor area so as I'm going to be a nw6 I'm going to try and shoot for around 9000 grafts in total over 2 procedures, I'm hoping that will give me a good look

Hello Sjones,

That is two 4500 graft surgeries, let's see some pics of your head. It sounds like an abundance of grafts honestly. Post some pics and get feedback from the recommended surgeons in this network. Some physicians do count grafts differently; but this really seems out of scope. All the Best, Michael

Edited by michaeljames
typo

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Age 32 seems reasonable to me, but know that you will likely need future HT surgeries . But my hair loss started in my 40's and I gave it lots of time and thought . Keep doing your research and be patient and you will do great .