confused regarding Hair transplant

Hi All,

Iam in between norwood 3 and norwood 3A. I am worried i might become more balder in next 6 months. I have my marriage in another 6 months. With the current hair iam looking okay but just worried if i might get more balder by the time of my marriage.

Iam just worried after how many months of the hair transplant i will look atleast like what iam now. Iam talking about hair trasplant.

Thanks,

Santhosh

Iam just worried after how many months of the hair transplant i will look atleast like what iam now. Iam talking about hair trasplant.

Hey Santhosh,

I had FUE surgery 5 months and 1 week ago.

After 3 months I found my hair was back to my pre-op state, albeit a lot shorter because I shaved by head for surgery.

Now, after 5 months, I've already seen a life changing improvement in my hair, and I know that I should continue to see growth for at least the next 7 months.

Between months 1 and 3 I had some shockloss - my hair definitely reached a point worse than pre-op at around 2 months, but it quickly grew back and at 3 months I was back to square one.

I'll be posting some pictures from 2 months to 5 months this weekend so you can check it out for yourself.

YOu can't put a specific time line on it. Some people are early growers and some are late.

I am in the early grower group (luckily) and would say i've got at least 50% of the hairs either grown or growing, others see nothing for 5 months.

Have a look at my thread on here to show what early growth looks like.

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Hey Santhosh,

I had FUE surgery 5 months and 1 week ago.

After 3 months I found my hair was back to my pre-op state, albeit a lot shorter because I shaved by head for surgery.

Now, after 5 months, I've already seen a life changing improvement in my hair, and I know that I should continue to see growth for at least the next 7 months.

Hi England,

Sorry a bit off topic. I read you were trying to decide between the two doctors in Belgium. What made you choose Dr Feriduni at the end.

thanks,

S

Between months 1 and 3 I had some shockloss - my hair definitely reached a point worse than pre-op at around 2 months, but it quickly grew back and at 3 months I was back to square one.

I'll be posting some pictures from 2 months to 5 months this weekend so you can check it out for yourself.

Hi England,

Sorry a bit off topic. I read you were trying to decide between the two doctors in Belgium. What made you choose Dr Feriduni at the end.

thanks,

S

Hi England,

thanks,

S

Hi Splashin I've replied on my thread so as to not hijack this one.

Cheers

My main worry is when does that shock loss hair grow back :(:( .. Because i have some hair in the front with which i can cover up as of now .. Iam only worried with the hairtransplant will i look more bald :( for some time

I would say that even in a worst case scenario most people tend to have recovered from any shock loss by 5 months.

In my case, it was 3 months at which point any sign of shock loss had disappeared.

Basically, yes... although with hair and hair transplants nothing is ever certain! :-)

One word of caution though - there are two types of shock loss. The temporary shock loss is the one we've been discussing, in which all of the hair is strong enough to grow back afterwards.

However, if you have any hairs which are on their 'last legs' - which would soon fall out and disappear anyway, the hair transplant may push them over the edge and they may not return.

To put things into perspective for you - as I mentioned I'm now 5 months post op, and for the first time in 7 years I'm able to style my hair in 2 mins, with no product, and to walk out in any wind with no problems. Even if I see no additional growth from here, I'm already delighted. You may not see exactly the same growth rate, but I would be surprised if you didn't have some improvement by 5 months. Are you having FUE or FUT? Generally FUT growth occurs sooner, and also growth is often quicker if this is your first surgery.

Cheers

first of congrats on getting married, thats a huge step in life , if your getting married in 6 months you dont have enough time for the transplanted hair to grow in fully , that takes a year,so dont panic or rush into anything, ur hair looks really good, if ur concerend about your hairline , you can wear your hair forward untill you decide what step is best for you, this site has tons of information that will help you decide on what ht surgen you want to go to ,research research and then some more research ,gets on meds, and once you picked out your top three docs go for consults meet former patients and talk to some on here . good luck in ur journey to more hair .

Hey SADbutTRUE.

Thanks for your reply

Hairrestorationnetworks supports only one surgeon in india Madhu pathuri.

I am well aware that it take nearly an year for the full growth. Iam okay with the intiall growth also ... as it covers my hair line... I am only worried about the shock loss.. As the surgeon has to place it in between my existing hair also ..