PGD2?? A cure??

JPindia

After spending a lot on alternative treatments I have now reverted to the big 3 (propecia, rogaine, nizoral).

Now a news item says one Dr. Costarelis can grow hair by blocking a molecule called PGD2. And the drugs for that will be available in market very soon..

Any one having the real story??

Edited by JPindia
mah poor english!

• 1 month later...

I have a feeling PGD2 inhibitors are going to be the next huge thing in hair loss drugs. I am trying to get more info on them and haven't found much yet other than they are currently under testing now to treat asthma. Once they come out, I'm sure they will get used off-label for hair loss assuming they indeed work for hair loss.

My guess is that these drugs will be similar to efficacy to propecia with few or no serious side effects. I'm anxiously awaiting the results of these trials and would appreciate and more info anyone has.

Once they come out, I'm sure they will get used off-label for hair loss assuming they indeed work for hair

Yes Johnson!

the hitch as far as my knowledge goes is that these drugs need to be adapted for local use as in skin application, otherwise they will have effect (sides?) on all of the body.

• 3 weeks later...

Get excited, my friends. PGD2 inhibitors really are going to live up to the hype and be the miracle cure we have all been waiting for to cure us of our lonely nights sitting by the telephone.

The future is bright and guaranteed, gentlemen! Happy growing!

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
removed inappropriate content.

jackisback1,

I wish I had your optimism but, of course, I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is not only wildly successful but easily affordable. Wouldn't we all love to wake up from the hair loss nightmare?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Indeed Gents. Even if this is a viable alternative to the dark age medication that is Finasteride we will all welcome that.

It really is about time science got its finger out on hair loss. Its one area they have not exactly made leaps and bounds.

lonely nights sitting by the telephone. ????

You don't have lonely nights because you're going bald, you have them because you're not getting yourself out and kicking life squarely up the ass. I've got lots of friends, have never been short of female company, and i've been shaving my head since 2006.

When I was thinning and trying to make a 'silk purse out of a sows ear' (in a follicular kind of way) I did struggle with self confidence and doubt, but as soon as I shaved my head, accepted, and started to love myself, strangely, people started to love me too. . . . .

My lovely Fiance is currently 12 weeks pregnant, and it all started 2 years ago when I asked her if she wanted to "rub my head" :D

• 1 month later...
lonely nights sitting by the telephone. ????

You don't have lonely nights because you're going bald, you have them because you're not getting yourself out and kicking life squarely up the ass. I've got lots of friends, have never been short of female company, and i've been shaving my head since 2006.

When I was thinning and trying to make a 'silk purse out of a sows ear' (in a follicular kind of way) I did struggle with self confidence and doubt, but as soon as I shaved my head, accepted, and started to love myself, strangely, people started to love me too. . . . .

My lovely Fiance is currently 12 weeks pregnant, and it all started 2 years ago when I asked her if she wanted to "rub my head" :D

@spammedtothemax

1) my original post was a joke. it was tongue-in-cheek.

2) my biggest congratulations to you. I would love to go your route, but right when I was about to do it, a friend of me sent me a picture from 5 years back when I *did* shave my head. It looked like s***. The picture is of me next to my friend's bald dad and his forehead is tiny, and mine is so huge I look like an alien next to him. I would totally love to just shave my head and kick ass at life and never think about it again like you, and I envy you and people who look good bald a lot more than I envy most people who are post-op HT, but unfortunately I look like a complete goon without hair.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
language