Eyebrow transplant options in Northern California

Hi all,

I'm a 45 year old man with eyebrow loss. My doctor says my thyroid levels, etc. are normal, and suspects that the cause is alopecia. I'm considering a transplant, and hope someone on this forum can suggest a good doctor in Northern California.

Also, I'd prefer not to use my scalp as the donor site. I've read scary stories about "shock loss," and the last thing I need is hair loss to my scalp as well as my eyebrows. Plus, my scalp hair is quite curly, and I'm not sure it would behave properly on my brows! I know it sounds odd, but maybe armpit hair would be an option (my armpit hair is coarse, but straight).

The top eyebrow transplant surgeon searchable by Google is Dr. Epstein. For all I know, he does exceptional work (his website is certainly impressive), but I'd be reassured if anyone here can vouch for the quality of his work.

parker,

For a complete listing of all our recommended docs in CA, click here. To learn about our criteria for recommending physicians, click here.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website