Dr Jean Devroye

Delphic

Hi. Having just wasted 20 minutes typing a post about dealing with depression caused by hairloss, avoiding the Hospital Group in England like the plague and the success I've had having gone for a HT at Dr Devroye's in Belgium, my iPod crashed!

Can't face typing it all out again!

As I suffer from body dysmorphic disorder, I can't take pictures of myself and won't allow others unless I really have to so I can't offer before & after photos, but am happy to share my experience with anyone who is considering going there for surgery. They are positive experiences.

I found sites like this one really helpful when deciding where to go for a second HT but found that people would often not post a year or so down the line because hairloss was no longer an issue for them.

I've now reached the 13 month mark with mine.

Happy to answer pm's if I can help.

Cheers. I

Delphic, BDD is a very real situation. I've seen it in many people, myself included. Although I consider myself a very mild case, I know how you feel.

Dr. Devroye is outstanding. Every case he has posted and every patient result I have examined shows him to be a top notch surgeon and human being. You made a very wise decision in choosing him!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I'll second all of the above. I had my surgery two months ago with Dr Devroye. The good doc and his staff are excellent. They were extremely professional, and at all times I felt that I was in safe hands.

Just under eight weeks down the line I have new hair growing!

The scar on the back of my head is super-fine, and during the whole process, I have not really experienced any pain, bar a mild headache for the first 24-hours.