need help

hello my name is Michael Rivera i'm currently 20years old but have been bald since 19 & lossing my hair no lie since the age of 14 i need help & i have questions. Would i be able to do the transplant at this age? Would i be able to pay at a monthly basis i know this surgery isn't cheap ?

The first thing you need to do is go see a recommended doctor from this forum and have him/her inspect your scalp. If they determine that you are experiencing typical male pattern baldness and nothing more serious than they will almost certainly recommend you use medication such as rogaine and finasteride for at least 1 year and then reevaluate. You are very young and usually patients at your age are strongly urged to use the medication first, and I happen to agree with that. The medication should at the very least stop or slow down drastically further hair loss, as well as possibly regrowing miniaturizing hairs.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

mike92,

"Thehairupthere" has given you excellent advice. You can use our interactive map to locate a recommended hair restoration physician near you. To learn about our criteria for recommending physicians, click here..

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website