Is growth rate at crown area slower than temple? And any comments on PRP treatment?

Dear all,

I had my FUT HT Jan 27 this yr. About 1500 grafts on my crown and about 600ish shared between my left and right temple area. Its been 7mths. My right temple didnt shed much compare to my left temple. After read some posts i guess it is normal. Now, I could see my left temple started to grow gradually.

However, the result on my crown is less satisfying. I still see the emptiness on my crown. Is it normal that the hair grow slower at the crown region?

Now I could see that my hair on top of my head is thinning and considering alternative treatments such like PRP and mesotherapy. I understand they are not FDA approved but there are people raving about such treatments. Appreciate somebody can enlighten me on such treatments.

Lastly I also heard about some Stem Cell research on hair cloning is currently conducting in Singapore. I am living in Sg and i didnt read anything about it on the news. And any updates on this research?

Regards

Patrick

I do think there is a little slower growth rate in the crown compared to other areas. The crown also tends to need more grafts per sq. cm. to give the appearence of good density because of the angle and direction is ususally in a more diverging pattern. I think the jury is still out on PRP. I have seen it help some patients and not do much for others.

hi

Although I don't know of any physical reason why this should happen , my own crown took longer to grow in than my temples .

My first HT with Dr Feller took 18 month to fully grown and mature and that was the crown , .

HT2 was also with Dr Feller this time more into the crown and we touched the temples , this time the temples have "shown" more growth than the crown over the same period .

I have a theory that this could be an illusion , when you look at any temple or front HT you are looking at the layering effect the helps with the illusion of density , in effect helping it to look thicker when looked at fron straight on .

However us crown baldies always view our own crowns with the old two mirror trick this means we contantly view our owe crown from above , this makes the area look thinner due to looking down from above .

If i look at my temple work from directly above it doesn't look as thick as when viewed from the front , and I think this is why we are "tricked" into thicking our crowns are growing is slower .

This is my own theory but it semms to stand up to my own scrutinee of my own crown and temple work , try to use the mirror trick to look at your crown from a lower angle , more eye level , this will help you to see what I mean .

It will look thicker form eye level , whether it is the front or crown , try it .

Richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Hi Ritchie

Thank you for your email.

I felt the stubble at the temple after 4 months but not the crown area. Yes I do see fine hair growning around the crown region which diameter appear smaller.

I am trying accupunture to improve blood circulation. Not too sure if it helps and expedite the growth process.

Well, guess I am half way there and hope to see result on the second half.

Thanks

Rgds

Patrick