Finasteride: dosage, frequency & conception

zenmunk

David what is your finesteride intake now? Dose? days? Have you kept your hair with reduction?

I'm debating cutting down now from 1.25mg once a day to every other day. Because I've had thousands of grafts through nw5a shape I suppose I'm concerned my sides could widen if off finesteride maybe it would stay strong in 5a shape where hts been but widen to nw6

Does anyone else have any reduction experiences now as this post is a few years old.

I picked up some generic 1mg tablets while in India. I've been taking .5mg daily for about 3.5 months now but I was off it for about 3 years so I can't really say what my results have been.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

How come you came off it? Did you lose much hair off it or are you like me with lots of ground covered in hts?

It's bit akwward for me as what to do because I was a diffuse thinner within my nw5 shape before hts there's likely to be a lot of native thin hair between my ht grafts so I'm not sure what Impact the native hair is having and like I say don't know if I could widen to nw6.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

I started the following discussion when I decided to quit.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/163515-stopping-finasteride-now.html

Basically, my wife wasn't on board with it since we were planning for a child and I had been experiencing cystic acne which I attributed to the drug. Quitting finasteride alleviated the acne a bit but I never fully recovered. Now that I'm back on it, it's got worse again.

I did lose hair behind my transplant and my crown thinned a bit more but overall I'm pretty pleased with how well my hair has held up. Dr. Bhatti suggests using it for a minimum of 6 months after surgery so I jumped back in and will probably continue using it.

It's a tough call. You can never now just how well it's working unless you stop and experience catch up hair loss. If you start up again you'll never get back what you had.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website