If you plan to have a second FUT, should you use Mederma on the first scar?

Mederma is supposed to reduce scarring. But if you are going to have another FUT anyway, I presume they will cut the first scar out, no? So should I still use Mederma on the first scar? Do they cut the first scar out when then give you a second FUT?

Mederma is supposed to reduce scarring. But if you are going to have another FUT anyway, I presume they will cut the first scar out, no? So should I still use Mederma on the first scar? Do they cut the first scar out when then give you a second FUT?

I've never used Maderma but I heard of other patients that tried it.. I used the ointment that the doctor gave me for the first few weeks.. I would just use what your Dr. advises you what to use.. Sometimes the Doc will take some of the scar out with the hair.. That is up to you and your Dr.. The more scar that you take out the less grafts the Dr. will be able to get..

Regards,

Formertrackstar

Your surgeon should try to remove existing scar tissue during your second procedure. Exactly how successful they will be will depend on the position of the existing scar as well as the width and length of it. If it was placed too low or too high it might not be a good idea to go back into that area again.

Also, it can sometimes be a trade-off between removing the old scar and obtaining the number of grafts required for the procedure. If the scar is wide then the new strip will contain fewer donor hairs if much of it is made up of scar tissue.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com