Varying Reactions to Good Hair Transplants

I am proud of my transplant so I talk about it openly and get so many compliments after only 7 months. One guy I golf with said, "looks good but you have always been a personality guy anyway." My response, "spoken like a man with a full head of thick hair." He laughed.

I was thinking the other day about the difference between insecurity and vanity as it relates to hair loss.

Insecurity is caring or worrying how others perceive your hair loss--worrying that they'll judge you, how it will impact your career, etc. This can impact you socially on a variety of levels, even if artificially.

Vanity is much deeper and innate. Vanity has you looking in the mirror 20 times a day, or combing your hair for 3 yrs when nobody else is even around. I remember looking at my dads hairline when I was 12 yrs old. It's completely independent of outside perception. It's you vs you.

I think there's people who are deeply effected by this (they usually take notice, either verbally or non-verbally) and the others that simply dont care bc the fear of hair loss is absent from their mind.

Why is one fat guy happy and another is depressed?

Yes it may be true that some people are less affected by hair loss but it doesnt mean they dont want their hair back..Its just that they adjust and MOVE ON better than others..If they have means and knowledge and are eligible for ht then i think they will take a chance with ht alwAys and see where they ends..Especially it is difficult for youngsters like us to be NW3 at such young age..It absoltely demolishes our confidence..So yes it is very very very touchy thing and better to fight it out rather than Without fight give it up and as they say "Shave it off"..Only if that was so easy