Atticus - 4+ yrs - nape hair to hairline and temple points - Dr. Umar

Atticus

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I have been around. Unfortunately, there have been several deaths in the family, so I have been a bit out of it.

I had/have received prior emails regarding better pictures of my nape hair ht work done by Dr. Umar. I apologize for not responding sooner. I think this was shot last year? I happened to find my ht video on Youtube the other day.

Here you go:

I have been extremely happy with my results.

Atticus :)

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

Dr. Umar is one of the few surgeons that uses nape hair. This looks great! It is very natural looking.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Atticus,

Your hair looks great.. That is ashame that your friends broke your balls that much to get a transplant by calling Dracula and Mickey Mouse.. Are you still friends with these people? Have they noticed any difference with your hair?

Formertrackstar

Atticus,

Your hair looks great.. That is ashame that your friends broke your balls that much to get a transplant by calling Dracula and Mickey Mouse.. Are you still friends with these people? Have they noticed any difference with your hair?

Formertrackstar

Thanks guys. I appreciate the nice comments. Yeah, I am still friends with the guys that used to bust my balls. The funny thing is, the FUE came in so gradually, it wasn't a sudden change. I was having a bbq - jacuzzi type party at my house, one of my buddies said to me "Hey Dracula". Then his wife said, why do you call him that? Because of his hair. She took a close look and said to him "what the hell are you talking about, his hair doesn't look like dracula. He then looked really close, as if his eyes were fooling him, and said, "You must be styling your hair different or something".

I also saw some of my cousins recently. They had not seen me for about 2 years. They kept looking and looking, but just couldn't figure out what was different about me. All they could say was "you look younger".

It's all good now. Nobody calls me dracula or mickey anymore!

Have a good one guys!!!

Edited by Atticus

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the nice comments. Yeah, I am still friends with the guys that used to bust my balls. The funny thing is, the FUE came in so gradually, it wasn't a sudden change. I was having a bbq - jacuzzi type party at my house, one of my buddies said to me "Hey Dracula". Then his wife said, why do you call him that? Because of his hair. She took a close look and said to him "what the hell are you talking about, his hair doesn't look like dracula. He then looked really close, as if his eyes fooled were fooling him, and said, "You must be styling your hair different or something".

I also saw some of my cousins recently. They had not seen me for about 2 years. They kept looking and looking, but just couldn't figure out what was different about me. All they could say was "you look younger".

It's all good now. Nobody calls me dracula or mickey anymore!

Have a good one guys!!!

Who knows why people bust balls like that!! I think they did it to get a few laughs.. Usually it happens to the best of us.. Did you think long and hard before getting this procedure done about maybe they are just picking on me or bullying me due to fact you may be one of those guys that is easy to bust balls.. Do you bust their balls back? I would... You need to stand up for yourself bro! What other surgeons other than Umar did you visit for this procedure prior to having the work done? Just don't get any other procedures (Facial surgery)done that may make you turn into one of those Michael Jacson's of the world.. Have you ever seen that show on mtv about people that want a famous face? How crazy!! LOL

Who knows why people bust balls like that!! I think they did it to get a few laughs.. Usually it happens to the best of us.. Did you think long and hard before getting this procedure done about maybe they are just picking on me or bullying me due to fact you may be one of those guys that is easy to bust balls.. Do you bust their balls back? I would... You need to stand up for yourself bro! What other surgeons other than Umar did you visit for this procedure prior to having the work done? Just don't get any other procedures (Facial surgery)done that may make you turn into one of those Michael Jacson's of the world.. Have you ever seen that show on mtv about people that want a famous face? How crazy!! LOL

I think people just do it because they actually don't realize they can be making someone self conscious. I am often surprised at some of the things people say to each other. Anyway, I would just laugh it off like it didn't bother me, because I felt if they got a rise out of me, they would bust my balls more. Having said that, nobody that wasn't my friend would call me these names. I think these guys were such good friends they didn't really mean any harm.

As far as people I don't know? I usaully don't get messed with much. I am nice, but nobody steps on me (my Spanish blood can quickly come to a boiling point). Plus, I can roll with the best of em! :)

Anyway. I lurked on many websites including this one, before becoming a member. I did visit a place in the newspaper that advertised really cheap, but the wanted to slice out a big old strip out the back of my head to do my hairline, I did not think that was a good idea, and they seemd like shysters. So, I did a consult with a place I am not sure I can name here, and they hounded my like door to door salesman. No thanks! I then studied, listened, read, and viewed video after video, picture after picture. I finally decided on Dr. Umar after seeing consistent documented results. When I met him in person, I knew there was no need to see anyone else. He was the one! He is kind and caring, is a perfectionist, and making the patient happy makes him happy.

Have a good one!!!

Atticus

Edited by Atticus

famous face[/b]? How crazy!! LOL

No way man!!!! I don't want to end up looking like Bella Lugosi. :)

I haven't seen that mtv show, but I have seen those internet pix of people whose faces got really messed up from having so many facial surgeries. There is that artistrocat lady who ended up looking like a cat. No gracias.

See ya,

Atticus

Atticus,

Lovely result. Do you think you have lost any of the nape hair since your op? were you concerned about losing it down the line as its outside the safe zone?

Fantastic result fella

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Atticus,

Lovely result. Do you think you have lost any of the nape hair since your op? were you concerned about losing it down the line as its outside the safe zone?

Fantastic result fella

Thanks you so much for the kind comments irishsailor. I have not lost any nape hair, and if anything, it seems to get thicker as the years go by. For example, I like to have my nape area (back of the head area) cut and squared off when I go to the barber for a nice clean look. 3 - 5 days later I have to have my wife shave the neck/nape line area to keep the line looking good, or the nape hair grows out like crazy!

Prior to selecting Dr. Umar, I did extensive research, consulted some other HT docs, etc. Let me give a few examples. One ht doc wanted to slice out a good sized chunk of scalp out of the back of my head via strip. That did not sound appealing to me. Another well known clinic whose name starts with an "A" quoted me a ridiculous amount of grafts at a crazy price, then kept hounding me via email and cell phone. But I digress. Anyway, no, I was not concerned about the nape hair being out of the "safe" zone. As a grad level graduate, and form doctoral level student, I am used to research, research, research!!!!

So long story short, I am very happy with the selection I made.

If anyone is in the SoCal area and would like to meet with me in person, just shoot me a pm. I don't mind.

I would also like to thank this forum and it's members for helping me make a good decision. When I was a newer member, all my questions were answered without hestitation. Thanks to all for sharing your knowlege.