Bad Reaction to Propecia - When should I start with Saw Palmetto?

MyNameIsRich

I decided to drop Propecia for good, after the 4th time of trying to introduce it into my regime - It was a Thursday 14 days ago, I took one 1mg tablet, and from that I had completely depleted sex drive and reduce of semen for well over a week, infact it was only last night that I felt my sex drive had returned. I also had really bad brain fog on that Thursday, and feel like it was one of the symptoms that was causing me some depression through taking the drug.

I took a saw palmetto tablet today, but I'm still not 100% sure if i've recovered from the Propecia sides fully.

How long should I wait before starting another DHT inhibitor? and also any ideas how likely I am to suffer with sides from SP, if I get such a strong reaction from Propecia?

Thanks

SP is much weaker so you will probably be good. I would wait until you are feeling normal so you can tell if you are getting sides.

I don't mean this in a negative way, but just to open up a dialogue, I really feel like a lot of sides are psychological. It may not be in your case, but sides, especially lately have just become too common.

I would like to see an independent study done with placebos on men that do not know about the drugs sides.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

SP is much weaker so you will probably be good. I would wait until you are feeling normal so you can tell if you are getting sides.

I don't mean this in a negative way, but just to open up a dialogue, I really feel like a lot of sides are psychological. It may not be in your case, but sides, especially lately have just become too common.

I would like to see an independent study done with placebos on men that do not know about the drugs sides.

Yeah man, I also would like to see that study.

I've often wondered if my side effects were just psychological -

I guess the only way I'd ever be able to tell is by taking Propecia again in the future, when I'm in a stable relationship and in a better state of mind. I've been pretty depressed this year...

I cannot believe he is promoting lazy treatment.

Study is fundamentally flawed regarding finasteride.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I agree, it seems like all this week and last there's been another person complaining about side effects. It's scaring me really, as I've just started. Day 2, nothing wrong so far.

psychological?? nah.....dont buy it....

with any drug that effects brain functions, ( sex drive, happiness, moodiness) of course people will say its psychological because its physically harder to see....but believe my chemial imbalences casued by these drugs are real....not made up......It would be the same i think as pople psychcoligically seeing more hair becase they are taking a drug that grows it!!

You try over time to dicard the side effects as minor and nothing to worry about,( becasue of all the new hair!!) and then when you hear the studys, go off the drug for a bit and realize how much better it feels you decide to speak up....

if you are one of the lucky ones that have no side effects , be thankful but dont discredit the ones that are having bad ones

it causes bad side effects in some and none in others and its that simple...

You guys have some great points and i just like to give my 2 cents....

day 2? wayy too early to tell..

you might do really well on the drug so only one way to tell....give it a whirl annd see what happens...losing sex drive is part of the deal for some and the sooner you arent suprised by that the better....doctors and drug companies will downplay it but its a reality.