precautions while administering finasteride

hi,

I am a 24 year old male. And I have been experiencing severe hairfall for the past 3 years.

I wish to take finasteride for the problem. Please advise me on the dosage suitable for my age. Can the drug cause any long term problems. I have heard that the drug causes a decrease in the sperm count and hence it is not prescribed to unmarried males or those havent had children yet. Also there is a decrease in the libido.

I have been prescribed 1 tablet of XTIN PLUS per day which contains 5mg of biotin and 1mg of finasteride.

I have also heard that increased sexual activity(masturbation and sexual intercourse) in males causes more testesterone production in the body which subsequently cause higher release of DHT which is responsible for hairfall. Is this true?

Looking forward to your response. It would be of much help. Thanks..

Welcome to this forum encephalon!

Please advise me on the dosage suitable for my age.

Same dosage for every one => 1mg per day

Can the drug cause any long term problems.

The vast majority of persons haven't any complaints. There are a few persons who report that they suffer from long term post treatment afflictions from finasteride. The choice is yours.

I have heard that the drug causes a decrease in the sperm count and hence it is not prescribed to unmarried males or those havent had children yet.

There are studies that indicate sperm level decreases initially on consumption of finasteride, but returns to normal level after about a month of usage. Motility and morphology remains unchanged.

I have also heard that increased sexual activity(masturbation and sexual intercourse) in males causes more testesterone production in the body which subsequently cause higher release of DHT which is responsible for hairfall. Is this true?

This is debatable. Some say it's true, some say it is not. I have not read any scientific studies on this hypothesis.

take care...

that last part is a myth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

XTIN PLUS
In that case, george clooney will be bald now

not if he has the good jeans that dont get effected by DHT, those people are very lucky

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily