No-one should ever be ridiculed for being concerned.

I really don't get why hair loss is not considered a proper medical condition, for some at least.

My best friend of 17 years has become a recluse. This is a man who was the life and soul of the party and now he won't set foot out of his front door because his hair loss has gnawed away at his confidence so much that his whole perception of the world has changed. He is also the most un-vain person I know so images of a raging narcissist can be put firmly to rest.

It didn't help that it took all his courage to go to a doctor to get some advice on what to do and was basically treated like a spoilt child and told to 'deal with it' in the most humiliating way.

It sickens me that all hair loss sufferers are lumped into the same category.

People deal with death in different ways. Some can deal with it well and continue on in life while others need severe therapy and/or treatment.

There is a gradient for hair loss trauma as well.

These people who think it is pathetic to worry about hair are nothing more than bullys. It's true, some men are comfy and even suit a bald head, which is superb for them but to ridicule others for not only losing their hair but to be concerned about it is nothing more than macho bullshit off the leash.

I suffer from these same concerns as my friend although I am able to go about my life as usual, but I can feel the path to that extreme train of thought is easier to fall down that you might think...for anyone.

Our society needs a good look at itself in regards to this matter, because it's far uglier to see a grown man become a shell because of the mental issues brought on by hair loss than the perception of the whiney mirror lover that we all get tagged with.

If or when I get a hair transplant it will be for my pleasure only, not because I think other people will view me differently.

Thank you for letting me rant.