My current state of hair

Thanks Balboa and hair_me_out

hair_me_out

I think finasteride is what caused the current hair loss I have. Is there any other effective option ? How useful is rogaine ?

Also, how many grafts do you think would I need to restore my hairline. I was considering Dr Rassman, Dr. Shapiro and Dr feller. I will probably visit NY in a couple of months and go see Dr Feller. I am from Oklahoma by the way. I am also thinking of visiting Dr Lehar since he lives in Oklahoma city, but he is not recommended on this website so I am kind of confused.

You have some slight recession, but honestly you should find something else to worry about - your hair looks great IMO.

If your hair loss appears to be accelerating in the past few months a transplant now could be highly risky. In general, the longer you can delay any transplant the better.

Scottishguy,

I agree. Hair Transplant can make things worse at the moment so I am not even thinking about it!! I wish there wasnt anything like shockloss, I would get a trsansplant now!!

bighosedragger,

A year ago I had very very thick hair. But I was always concerned about the future hairloss. I thought if I take finasteride, I wouldn't loose hair. So I started taking it and within a week or two I noticed significant hairloss that continued for 4 months. I eventually stopped taking the medication and shedding reduced to a great degree. However my hairl quality has changed. My dry hair, became oily and my hairline have been receding ever since I got on finasteride. I dont know what can I do to stop the recession.