Scar picture shaved down before 2nd surgery with Dr. Rahal

I recently underwent my second procedure with Dr. Rahal to address my crown. Eleven months ago, Dr. Rahal placed 5604 grafts into my hairline and mid scalp area. The growth of this first procedure was phenomenal to say the least. What I would like to share with the Network today are a couple of picture that were taken just seconds before Dr. Rahal was to excise my donor strip for my second surgery. The pictures, I believe, speak for themselves. The scar at eleven months is very impressive. For the second surgery, this scar was entirely excised so as to leave me with just one strip scar once more. The closure for this surgery was also very refined also. This should leave me with a scar which will be as refined as the one pictured here today. I will post pictures of my second surgery soon.

Regards

Scar photo #1_11 months (shaved down).bmp

Scar photo#2_11 months (shaved down).bmp

Hairgoesnothing... Its like you had FUE.. I dont see any scar seriously!!! You are really lucky, Its pencil thin for real.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

They opened in Windows picture viewer, just like a .jpg does.

Hmmm mine says no preview available, probably saved it wrong...

How many grafts in the second op Hairgoesnothing? Any left in the tank?

For my second surgery, doc Rahal managed to get 2970 grafts. He finished the crown area. Quite frankly, I never asked Dr. Rahal if I have any left for transplant in the future. But, If all goes well, I will never need another one!

Regards

For my second surgery, doc Rahal managed to get 2970 grafts. He finished the crown area. Quite frankly, I never asked Dr. Rahal if I have any left for transplant in the future. But, If all goes well, I will never need another one!

Regards

True. You're complete now. :D Just a guess but I'd imagine if you ever needed more you'd get some laxity back for a last strip of 1500-2000. Plus I'd say you'd then have 1500FU by FUE. 3000ish by all methods should ever need them may be possible. Your first HT has continued to thicken over the last few months. You may still have another 10% to go on that one. Must be nice to forget about hair worries now. Great stuff. Thanks for the reply.

• 2 months later...

Hairgoesnothing,

I truly am happy and jealous. You will have a full head of hair and your hair loss troubles are soon behind you. You’re fortunate to have found Dr. Rahal right from the start.

I just had a question regarding scalp stretching exercises; 1) did you do it? 2) Did follow the Dr. Rahal’s recommendation as for time and exercises? 3) Do you have any suggestions on how to do them for so long? I find it difficult to do for more than a minute or two at a time because my arms get tired.

Thanks and all the best on your 2nd procedure.

Hairgoesnothing,

I truly am happy and jealous. You will have a full head of hair and your hair loss troubles are soon behind you. You’re fortunate to have found Dr. Rahal right from the start.

I just had a question regarding scalp stretching exercises; 1) did you do it? 2) Did follow the Dr. Rahal’s recommendation as for time and exercises? 3) Do you have any suggestions on how to do them for so long? I find it difficult to do for more than a minute or two at a time because my arms get tired.

Thanks and all the best on your 2nd procedure.

Hello AGL77,

Nice to see people still take a look at my old post!

To answer your question, yes I followed Dr Rahal's recommendations. I did my scalp exercises as often as I could. I spread the time out during the day. Meaning, I did them for short periods of time but quite often during the day when I had some free time. I do believe this helps with the healing after the procedure because it helps reduce the tension on the donor area once your surgery is behind you. Hope this answers your questions. You can also PM me anytime if you have any more questions.

Regards