Curb my enthusiasm?

I'm only 10 weeks out from my procedure with dr feller and while a good amount of the native hair that was in my recipient area seems to be growing in, the past couple of days I've noticed very tiny almost minuscule hairs popping up around hairline...could this be the grafts coming in or is this just native hair growing back? Am I being to enthusiastic? Is it way too early to see small hairs popping up? Also, to whomever can answer, when is it safe to go into the sun without a hat or bandana? I went to the beach this past weekend but felt silly wearing a bandana the whole time, 3 months? 4 months? 5 months? Thanx in advance!

Ice Cream,

In most individuals, transplanted grafts mature (roughly) along the following timeline:

3 months - 10% maturation

4 months - 20% maturation

5 months - 30% maturation

6 months - 40% maturation

7 months - 50% maturation

8 months - 60% maturation

9 months - 70% maturation

10 months - 80% maturation

11 months - 90% maturation

12 months - 100% maturation

This means that at 10 weeks (slightly over 2 months), you could see (less than 10%) some early maturation, but it could very likely be regrowth of native hairs from the procedure.

Additionally, while I recommend calling Feller Medical and asking directly, I believe most hair restoration clinics recommend covering your head in the sun completely for the first 3 months (and remaining cautious from there on out). However, I'd call and double check!

Good luck.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I'm assuming, as you're only 10 weeks post-op, that the area which was treated is still quite bald and will therefore be exposed to a lot of sunlight. I'd caution against going out in the sun uncovered as the skin can still be hyper-sensitive to UV exposure. It's not worth risking it.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanx for the response Blake and mattj. I did have a good amount of native hair in the recipient before transplant. I think a good amount of it has grown back and I'm certainly not going to risk results for a temporary tan, I was more curious about average time refraining from sunlight