How late can Rogaine shedding start?

onetwo

Hello all. So i had a HT in January around the hairline and into the temples. A month after the HT I started using rogaine. I am today exactly 3 months into using rogaine and about 10 days ago i noticed a new balding area deeper into my left temple which is moving into the middle of the head. I always thought shedding from rogaine will happen within a month or two of using. Is this a late shedding phase for me or the signs of further hairloss???

This also coincided with the use of nizoral shampoo which i started using about a month before the horror shedding.

All comments appreciated. Thanks Guys

Hi OneTwo,

From what I can gather, the shedding phase associated with hair loss medications (Rogaine, Propecia, and Nizoral) can occur as late as months 3/4. However, if you're concerned, I do recommend contacting the operating clinic and discussing the new hair loss with your hair transplant team.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks Future_HT_Doc. I intend to contact surgeon at about 6 months to assess the progress of the HT. I am currently only 4months post op and I am seeing some results on the transplant area but this new balding area is bothering me. I really hope its the rogaine working