My regimen, too many vitamins?

MGZ

My regimen, personally I dont think it's too crazy.

Morning with breakfast

Proscar 1.25

Folic Acid

B6

Biotin

Multi VItamin

Omega 3

Acai Berry with greet tea extract

Evening with dinner

Omega 3

Multi Vitamin

Acai Berry with great tea extract

I'm thinking about adding another folic acid and biotin at night. I may also add Dut once-- twice a week, I'm aware it may be pointless since it inhibits both DHT's but think it can help.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

That is definitely not too many vitamins (although you didn't post dosages, so it could be too much if there are very high doses).

You can probably combine a number of those into a B-complex vitamin. Folate, Biotin, and B6 will all be in a B-Complex, so just take a look at the doses and match them up. This might save you money and allow you to take less pills.

None of those supplements have particularly amazing records when it comes to hair loss. Biotin could possibly help, but only for those who are biotin deficient in the first place. Omega 3 might have a small but significant effect, because nearly all healthy unsaturated fats have been shown to reduce DHT.

David Rodgers, MS Nutrition

Nutritionist, Hair Loss Author

I don't think it's a "crazy" regimen. However, I'd probably reduce it to only one multi-vitamin per day, and drop the folic acid and B6 and take a B-complex instead.

"I'm thinking about adding another folic acid and biotin at night. I may also add Dut once-- twice a week, I'm aware it may be pointless since it inhibits both DHT's but think it can help."

I wouldn't bother with the extra folic acid or biotin. IMO one good B-complex supplement and one good Biotin supplement should suffice (if you want to consume more than the B-complex provides). And, definitely stay away from DUT. You're already taking 1.25 mg of finasteride. It's overkill, and you run the risk of increased sides.