"A very special Limited Time Offer" from Bosley

JacobS

I recieved this in mail today.

1000 Grafts for $6000 ( Normally $8500)

$ 6 per additional graft.

"Dear Jacob- We are very happy to offer you significant savings on a hair restoration at Bosley but only for a limited time........

P.S This special offer is non-transferable, and may not be used ..."

I'm horrified.

I recall meeting these guys 3 years + ago and it was a very interesting experience. I went to this rather grotty 50 year old type office in downtown DC. No one in the entire place, no receptionist just another guy ( customer I presumed) sitting there reading magazines. We don't talk. After 10 minutes a rather scruffy guy walks in and addresses me, he reeks of cigarette smoke. He introduces himself as the counselor or something like that. He tells me to come back to his office and I follow him. He puts on his white coat. He has the Norwood chart on the wall. He asks me where I felt I was on the chart and takes a polaroid of the top of my head. He starts to predict where I will be hairwise in another 6 months if I don't have something done immediately. I recall asking him a couple of questions to humor him however this was not what I was expecting. I was expecting a doctor's office. I made excuses at this point to get out of there. I told him I'd get back to him. He left a couple of messages on my cellphone over the next few weeks. This letter today brings it all back.

I recieved this in mail today.

1000 Grafts for $6000 ( Normally $8500)

$ 6 per additional graft.

"Dear Jacob- We are very happy to offer you significant savings on a hair restoration at Bosley but only for a limited time........

P.S This special offer is non-transferable, and may not be used ..."

I'm horrified.

I recall meeting these guys 3 years + ago and it was a very interesting experience. I went to this rather grotty 50 year old type office in downtown DC. No one in the entire place, no receptionist just another guy ( customer I presumed) sitting there reading magazines. We don't talk. After 10 minutes a rather scruffy guy walks in and addresses me, he reeks of cigarette smoke. He introduces himself as the counselor or something like that. He tells me to come back to his office and I follow him. He puts on his white coat. He has the Norwood chart on the wall. He asks me where I felt I was on the chart and takes a polaroid of the top of my head. He starts to predict where I will be hairwise in another 6 months if I don't have something done immediately. I recall asking him a couple of questions to humor him however this was not what I was expecting. I was expecting a doctor's office. I made excuses at this point to get out of there. I told him I'd get back to him. He left a couple of messages on my cellphone over the next few weeks. This letter today brings it all back.

Amazing..Bosley has been sending these mailings out since December!...I visited them once ..in 1996 or so..and somehow they STILL have me in a database...so i spose theyre contacting anyone theyve ever had call them or contact them...

and the sad thing is, I bet they generate a bunch of business with it, especially considering the growth in cosmetic surgery just from the show "Extreme Makeover"....

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???