Eyebrow restoration for 42 y/o woman; 1 session; Dr. Mike Beehner

This 42 y/o female, who never had eyebrow hairs, presented wanting eyebrow transplantation. She had previously only painted on eyebrow makeup pencil markings. She had one session of 320 1-hair micrografts (160 to each side), which were placed within the outline shown. The "after" photos show her a year or so later after only one session. On the day of the photos she had 280 additional grafts placed, 140 to each side.

I prefer to use only 1-hair grafts, because I can then use the tiniest needle possible to make th holes, usually a 22 g one. We take time to rotate each graft so that the curve of the hair "flows" with the overall direction of the eyebrow contour. We allow the hairs harvested to be quite long, so that we can actually see this slight curve, which will be present even in patients with apparently straight, non-curly hair.

Mike Beehner, M.D.

768107494_5F057A127CBAE6C73122909F5E9C3CF7.jpg

868107494_2DF6A2B0D6BD7A7E8C27245722399572.jpg

568107494_FEA7D65D20B8956D0AD71A5250D410FF.jpg

668107494_9794E6162179B149129C13B0EF84CB82.jpg

This is definitely an improvement. I was wondering Dr. Beehner why more grafts were not placed during the first transplant? Also would this patient be able to achieve the same density in her eyebrows as someone who has their natural eyebrows?

Jacky,

Regarding your question as to why I use the number of grafts I do: I just feel comfortable limiting my female eyebrow transplants to the 150-170 range the first time and then using around 130-150 the second time. I find it is rare that you can finish it in one visit, and I just feel that that many needle tracts through that small area has a limit, and I want adequate blood supply to each graft. I firmly believe there is a point at which you kill the golden goose and don't get eggs and I don't want to push up to that limit. I have been successful in making my patients happy with this 2-session approach and occasionally get one that is happy with only one.

With male eyebrow transplants, they usually want their eyebrows a little wider in contour, which allows me to get up to 190-200 in some of them the first visit.

Mike Beehner, M.D.