1.5 months post-op...new growth already?

Had a HT to my crown on March 21...didn't shed quite as much as I thought I would, but I took a close up pic yesterday..and it looks like there are some random hairs growing already! Refer to my pics in my profile for reference, pretty sure there are transplanted hair growing there. If so, is this normal?

SAM_0355.jpg.c65374f5e9e239791290158fae24a0d3.jpg

Durring my research I have found that around 5% of the transplanted hairs will not fall out and begin to grow right away (certianly after revascularization).No one really knows why.

I underwent a HT in on Feb 7th and expierenced the same. I hit the 3 month mark on May 1 and have alot of new hair growth prior to that date.

Happy growing!!!!

Understandable....but if you look, there are also new, thick hairs that were are much shorter than the transplanted hairs (must've already shed and started growing) there...I thought I wouldnt see these for at least another month or so...

I expirenced something similar. after the initial fall out I felt stubble and still do. I believe that some hair begin growing right away for some unknown reason but the majority will be dormant and not begin to grow until months three and four. I hit month three on May 1 but had significant growth prior to then. I cant wait until the end of july when I will see the 6 month mark.

Yes, I got a HT where I live. Not that they did a bad job I just did not get my money's worth. Did not find this site until after the procedure. Ended up paying way more for each graft.

The earliest I can get it done is 6 mos out. Some want me to wait 9 to 12 months.

What made you choose Dr. Charles?

I did about a year of research before taking the plunge. Strangely enough, his was the first office to reply to my emails about a year ago. I kept doing research and corresponding with other doctors/clinics and then came across this site, where his name kept showing up with good reviews.. I read more reviews online, most of them were good, but the bad ones were soooo bad and undetailed that I really questioned their validity. Also looked at a few other doctors in that area, and learned another doctor's competitive advertising "style" is putting horribly written bad reviews up about Dr. Charles and others. Dr. Charles has videos on youtube that I watched and patient interviews, along with interviews with him on this site. This site helped me immensely in making a decision. He's also a good looking guy, which matters because if the doctor looks like a goofy version of Ronald McDonald (*cough* Larry Shapiro) then he's not going to care about my looks..Price was alos a factor, for $3 a graft plus a travel allowance, you're really not going to get much better than that with a good, reputable surgeon. He also gives you a pamphlet with this site and others to start blogging about your experiences, so you know he stand behind his work.

Gettinold, nice to hear of your awesome experience and result.

IMHO, the growth you see may be some of the grafts still in the anagen growth phase. Just wait until you start getting into the 6, 9 month mark.

I agree that Dr. Charles is a stand up guy. He is without a doubt a talented and ethical surgeon and "individual". I also like the fact that he calls every patient post-op. ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY