Another eyebrow graft question....

So it has been just over four weeks since my eyebrow transplant, and just as expected, they all pretty much shed right at the two week mark. I was so sad to see them go! Not long after this, I noticed "new" growth in the area in which I had previously had my own natural regrowth (for some reason, only certain areas ever regrew on my browline, and they were in spots that would have made them too thick, so I always plucked them). I assumed these were my own natural brows, the ones that always grew so thick and black (as opposed to the much lighter brown naturally found on my head, and now on my brow from the donor site) so I plucked them...but then I got a little worried that maybe those were some of the donor grafts that I had pulled. Is that possible?? My doctor told me it should take 12 weeks to see new growth, so I didn't really think anything of it at first...and the shaft and roots were SO dark and thick, so not like that of the donor hair. So am I just being paranoid? And if it is possible that it was the donor hair this early, have I potentially damaged the root to the point it won't grow back later?? :(

You should really discuss this with your doctor.

IMHO, I would not advise you to pluck any hair in the area until enough time has passed. Once your grafts shed, they need to rest for 3 months. There is your 12 weeks your doctor was talking about I believe.

You really want everything to grow in before you start selecting which ones that you want removed. :cool:

Hey, best wishes to you and hope your final result is awesome, just the way you wanted.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY