Getting tensed and worried

Dear all,

I am getting extremely tensed thinking about the future on how good/bad my HT results will be. I am roughly about 6 weeks post HT and I feel I am in much worse stage than my original hairline. Also, I have started using Rogaine and I think my crown area is thinning.

I know a lot of you guys have gone through this phase and I just need to wait this out. Did you guys get tensed thinking about the outcome? What if it isn't what you expected?

Sorry, I am just ranting!

Thanks!

Yeah I did and I think every one does to some extent.

Sometimes it does get a little worse before it gets better, can depend on your degree of shockloss.

Hang in there and be patient, nothing will happen until 3 to 4 months, which initially it is gradual.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

ddd, we all go through that phase. It gets worse before it gets better but it does get better. Dr. Lindsey posted a couple days ago about what he tells his patients to expect. You should search for that post if you haven't seen it yet.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Here is the post from Lindsey.. Reading this will definitely make you fell better.

" Here is the time line I tell people:

Today you will leave with a crew cut of new hair wherever we place it.

7 days from now you'll get your sutures out and most likely you won't have cleaned enough...but once you wash away any remaining scabs in the recipient area...you should look pretty good.

That hair will grow for one month and then just about all of it, AND any of your native hair in that area, will fall out.

Nothing will happen for 6 weeks, and then your native hairs will start to regrow. You'll think its our new hair, but its most likely not.

So from week 5 to 11, you will be balder than now, then at about 3 months you'll be back to baseline with your native hair.

At around 6 months, some of the new hair will be growing. Sometimes its earlier (luck) and sometimes its later(absence of luck).

1 year from today, I'd expect you to have pretty good results but its probably 15 months til you are max'd out....but no one can remember to come in at 15 months, so we do an even year.

If you are a revision of previous surgery, particularly a plug repair...add 3 months to the above timeline starting at the 3 month event noted above.

I hope this is helpful, and it seems to be pretty consistent at our office."

First HT with Dr. Radha Rani on 04/26/2012

Single - 514

Doubles - 2130

Triples- 230

Total Grafts = 2874

Total Hair = 5464

Here is the post from Lindsey.. Reading this will definitely make you fell better.

" Here is the time line I tell people:

Today you will leave with a crew cut of new hair wherever we place it.

7 days from now you'll get your sutures out and most likely you won't have cleaned enough...but once you wash away any remaining scabs in the recipient area...you should look pretty good.

That hair will grow for one month and then just about all of it, AND any of your native hair in that area, will fall out.

Nothing will happen for 6 weeks, and then your native hairs will start to regrow. You'll think its our new hair, but its most likely not.

So from week 5 to 11, you will be balder than now, then at about 3 months you'll be back to baseline with your native hair.

At around 6 months, some of the new hair will be growing. Sometimes its earlier (luck) and sometimes its later(absence of luck).

1 year from today, I'd expect you to have pretty good results but its probably 15 months til you are max'd out....but no one can remember to come in at 15 months, so we do an even year.

If you are a revision of previous surgery, particularly a plug repair...add 3 months to the above timeline starting at the 3 month event noted above.

I hope this is helpful, and it seems to be pretty consistent at our office."

I had my ht at end of march, it seems as though a lot of my native hair has been growing in since and transplanted has fallen out, is that an oddity? Has anyone noticed their native hair growing in 1 month after ht?