Nizoral Cream or Shampoo?

MGZ

I'm trying to find the 2% online but it's very difficult, don't know which site to trust.

Also there is cream, shampoo, and generic from both. Not sure if I wan't the brand name CREAM or SHAMPOO?

If anyone knows any good pharmacies let me know, or should I get a prescription for the 2% from my family doctor and visit the local pharmacy?

Cream or shampoo... hmm. I should add I'm currently about to begin 15% minoxidil after a year on 5% with no sides.

One last question about this product, I've read to apply it after using regular shampoo, in my case head and shoulders shampoo/conditioner.

After letting it sit, do I rinse with water or shampoo again?

Thanks!

Edited by MGZ

MGZ,

Logic suggests that anything you apply to the scalp and don't wash off will be more effective. Thus, a ketoconazole based cream or foam (like Extina, although I'm not sure if that still exists) may be more effective in inhibiting DHT than a shampoo that's washed off after a few minutes. Nizoral or other ketoconazole based shampoos like Revita may help to aid a more aggressive hair loss treatment regimen that includes both Propecia and Rogaine. However, I'm not convinced that any shampoo will do much of anything (except cleans the scalp) on its own.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Bill