Emu Oil (Blue Ease cream) to help recipient/donor site heal after HT?

I'm booked to have a HT with Dr Hasson at the end of this month and have been purchasing a few products for my post op care.

I've seen on various forums that Emu Oil is recommended (as well as Aloe Vera) to be applied to the recipient site to reduce redness/irritation/scabbing and to the donor site to help the healing of the scar. Also talk that Emu Oil may stimulate early growth?

I've just bought a product called Blue Ease cream (from a UK pharmacy - Holland & Barrett) which contains Emu Oil, MSM, Aloe Vera, Vitamin C, E, nettle extracyt and witch hazel antiseptic. Sounds a perfect combination to help the healing process!

However there are various other ingredients - alcohol, capsicum - which i think may be too harsh on the newly transplanted grafts.

Ingredient list as follows:

Aloe Vera Gel, Emu Oil, 8D-Alcohol 40-B, Glucosamine Sulphate, Dimethyl Sulphone (M8M), Olearesia of Capalcum, Arnica Extract, Sortbital, Chondroitin Sulpate, Menthol, White Nettle Extract, Cerbomer, Witch Hazel, Coriander Oil, Willow Bark Extract, Propylene Glycal, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolldinyl Urea, Chamamila, Marigold Extract, Triathanolamine, Ascorbyl Paimitate (Vitamin C), Tocopharol Acetata (Vitamin E), Fragrance, Colour (Brilliant Blue).

I was wondering whether anyone had experienced this product, especially UK guys...i.e. Spex??

Would it be safe to use or should I play it safe with just Aloe Vera, or should I mix Aloe Vera and PURE Emu Oil.

Cheers

Redman

I would be careful and consider not putting too many products on the transplanted area post-op. There is a product call ASEA that you can spray on the transplanted area and drink that I have found to reduce the incidence of post opersative redness and swelling. I also provide my patients with H2Ocean spray that contains purified ocean water and lysosymes which I think really promotes wound healing.